We are well aware of the difficulties that our parents and carers have faced since we closed in March 2020. We thank you all for your understanding and patience as we have navigated our way through reams of government guidance and for the hours you have spent balancing working from home. The government guidance changes on a regular basis, but we have worked hard to ensure Bright Beginnings remains a place for children to be happy, settled and confident.
Safety at Bright Beginnings.
- Following guidance
- Staggered drop-off and collection times
- Designated drop- off and collection zones
- Social distancing measures between staff
- If you or your child have any symptoms of coronavirus, do not come to the Centre. Please follow NHS advice.
- If your child displays any symptoms of coronavirus during their time at Bright Beginnings you will be contacted to collect your child and advise to be tested for coronavirus.
The guidance from the Department of Education, July 2020, sets out a system of controls detailed below.
- 1. minimise contact with individuals who are unwell by ensuring that those who have coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms, or who have someone in their household who does, do not attend settings
- 2. clean hands thoroughly more often than usual
- 3. ensure good respiratory hygiene by promoting the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach
- 4. introduce enhanced cleaning, including cleaning frequently touched surfaces often using standard products, such as detergents and bleach
- 5. minimise contact between groups where possible
- 6. where necessary, wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
Numbers 1 to 4 must be in place in all settings, all the time.
Number 5 must be properly considered and settings must put in place measures that suit their particular circumstances.
Number 6 applies in all specific circumstances.
Response to any infection:
- 7. engage with the NHS Test and Trace process
- 8. manage confirmed cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) amongst the setting community
- 9. contain any outbreak by following local health protection team advice
- 10. notify Ofsted
Numbers 7 to 10 must be followed in every case where they are relevant.
Bright Beginnings staff are not required to wear face coverings and masks, but they must be worn if a child displays symptoms of coronavirus. A face shield will be worn if a staff member is covering a member of staff from another room.
We continue to follow Government guidance and we will continue to update advice and review our sessions, days and allocated drop-off and collection times.
Should you have any further queries or concerns please feel free to contact the management team via Centre’s email address: [email protected]