Our Centre Management Team
Herjinder Kaur Sambhi
Quality & Practice Manager
Angela Hynes is the Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) for the Centre. Telephone 0113 3431818 email [email protected]
In Angela’s absence, Herjinder Kaur Sambhi and Fiona Hakin will be informed of any safeguarding concerns.
There are six play areas all managed by an area supervisor and an experienced, competent team of practitioners who manage the care of the children.
When necessary, we also use a reputable supply agency of staff that support the Centre covering staff sickness and holidays. Supply staff members are displayed on the play area doors.
Senior Childcare Practitioner
Board of Directors
Bright Beginnings Childcare Centre is a subsidiary company to the University of Leeds. It is an exempt charity and a company limited by guarantee. The Board of Directors are responsible for the overall direction, making policy decisions, and ensuring the development and progression of the Centre. The Company Secretary is Catherine Cho (University of Leeds Secretariat).
- Rob Wadsworth, Chair of the Board (University of Leeds)
- Linda Mortimer Pine (University of Leeds)
- Finance Vacancy (University of Leeds)
- Paul Veevers (University of Leeds)
- Katie Tucker (Parent Representative)
- Haryati Mohammed (Leeds University Union)
- Julia Manning (Early Years Expert)